Hayagami (劍神, Hayagami) are the gods (goddesses) of Amawakuni. Many of them exist and usually take the form of swords (sometimes other weapons). It is later revealed that they have humanoid forms, all of them appearing as beautiful women. The Hayagami are wielded by chosen men known as the Shou, who they allow to harness their divine abilities.
Hayagami are responsible for the creation of Amawakuni and all of them possess unique powers which coincide with with what aspect of the world is under their jurisdiction. The mother of the Hayagami, Tsukuyo, is responsible for bringing the world into order and for birthing all other existing Hayagami.
The only restraint on a Hayagami's power is the Amatsuriki, special magic genetically passed through the women of the Himezoku. The elected princess from the Himezoku is responsible for keeping the Hayagami under constant surveillance so as to prevent any Shou from abusing his given power.
Should a Shou lose himself in his emotions, his Hayagami shall become susceptible to demonization. The goddess and her Shou shall become corrupted and both turn into demons.
List of Known Hayagami Edit
- Tsukuyo, the goddess of light and mother of the Hayagami, Shou: Arata Hinohara
- Orochi, the goddess of darkness and rival of Tsukuyo, Shou: Masato Kadowaki
- Homura, the goddess of fire, Shou: Kannagi
- Okoro, the goddess of earth, Shou: Akachi
- Nakisawa, the goddess of water, Shou: Yorunami
- Shinado, the goddess of wind, Shou: Kugura
- Zekuu, the goddess of void, Shou: Yataka
- Bakuto, the goddess of touch, Shou: Harunawa
- Kisaru, the goddess of sound, Shou: Kikutsune
- Kohaku, the goddess of voice, Shou: Isora
- Nouga, the goddess of scent, Shou: Ikisu
- Megudo, the goddess of sight, Shou: Ameeno
- Sukuna, the goddess of healing and disease, Shou: Kabane
- Sakuya, the goddess of flowers, Shou: Nachiru
- Nozuchi, the goddess of the wilds, Shou: Keruta
- Takara, the goddess of currency, Shou: Hiruko
- Mi-Ke, the goddess of food, Shou: Himoroge
- Narukami, the goddess of lightning, Shou: Kunhira
- Ushio, the goddess of salt, Shou: Shiotsuchi
- Sarae, the goddess of clothing
- Happujin-Shou, Shou: Eto
- Happujin-Tori, Shou: Torumaki
- Happujin-Soshiru, Shou: Tande
- Happujin-Nigana, the goddess of twister, Shou: Futai/Kanate
- Happujin-Raku, the goddess of flight, Shou: Hiruha
- Sho, Shou: Tagiri